Ah, that moment when your players take down an NPC wealthy enough to possess a bag of holding. They want it to store their own goods, sure, but it didn’t come empty now, did it?
This series of posts details the contents of such magical bags.
An Adventurer’s Bag of Holding
The bag is stained with smears of blood, dirt, and something that smells suspiciously of vomit. It has a sturdy set of ties strategically placed to allow the user to carry it like a backpack.
- 26 loose crossbow bolts
- An abacus
- 7 bags worth of loose ball bearings
- 3 baskets
- A bell
- 2 blankets (one has a squirrel embroidered on it)
- A well illuminated book (The History of Wine: A Monk’s Tale), worth 15 gp to a collector
- 18 chalk nubs
- 3 costumes (1 courtier, 1 blacksmith, 1 naughty apothecary) all with appropriate cosmetics and costume jewellery
- A flask (half filled with cinnamon scented whisky)
- An hourglass
- A vial of perfume worth 55 gp
- A nightshirt
- 6 pounds of soap
- A waterskin filled with high quality wine
- A cloak of billowing