Ah, that moment when your players take down an NPC wealthy enough to possess a bag of holding. They want it to store their own goods, sure, but it didn’t come empty now, did it?
This series of posts details the contents of such magical bags.
A Demoniac’s Bag of Holding
This pouch of tanned leather has irregular bulges along its surface. It looks as though it has been stitched together with sinew. Merely touching the container makes the handler feel uncomfortable. The bag is tied closed with a leather thong, and its ragged mouth can be stretched wide enough to deposit a Small creature in it.
- The skeleton of an adult halfling male, wired together and complete except for the missing left hand
- Four small vials marked “marilith blood” worth 100 gp each to a collector or wizard
- Half-full box of powdered sulpher measuring 13 inches by 7 inches by 11 inches
- Petrified Human Heart
- Thirteen iron spikes, each of which is 7 inches long
- Mostly blank journal. The words “I died” are scrawled on the third page in what appears to be blood
- A black sheep skin
- Thirty-nine black candles, all of which have been used to some extent
- Tinder box
- Broken horn
- +1 dagger etched with evil-looking sigils
- Small-sized hand of glory
- Box holding 13 pieces of used white and black chalk
- 13 gold coins each marked on one side with a leering demonic face
- Bottle of Ink
- Quill-cutting kit
- 17 pieces of parchment rolled together
- 133 brass coins